Impulse Case Management Centre
The Impulse Case Management Centre(ICMC) (formerly known as Impulse Case Info Centre) is the heart of the Impulse Model. ICMC records, compiles and keeps track of all relevant information on human trafficking cases, while strictly adhering to the procedure of the 6 R and 6 P.
ICMC created a case database software system to provide updated information on human trafficking cases and on suspected human traffickers which is also continuously shared with Anti-Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs) in various provinces of India.
Once a trafficking in persons case is reported, ICMC then focuses on meeting the needs of such victims starting with informing law enforcement of a rescue, followed by post-rescue counselling, medical care, legal aid, rehabilitation, repatriation, reintegration and re-compensation. For successful management of each of these steps, assistance and support of different stakeholders are required.
The idea of creating an Anti-Human Trafficking software evolved when the number of cases in the ICMC database became hard to manage manually. Impulse Case Management Centre also recognised that Anti-Human Trafficking Units in India crucially needed an AHT Software for systematic documentation of human trafficking cases.
The software, developed by the Technology Incubation Centre (IITG-TIC) at Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG), provides a fast and systematic communication channel to share case information, documents, and updates on TIPs cases. All AHTUs have a specific user account provided by the software, thus enabling them to view and edit only cases that have been registered or referred to them. This ensures that necessary confidentiality and privacy standards are followed. The software also has an alert-feature that indicates if another unit is, or has been, managing a case involving the same trafficked victim or the same trafficker.
Basic Features of the Anti-Trafficking Software:
- Possibility to document and update case information while following the ICMC process of Reporting, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Repatriation and Re-Integration and Prosecution.
- Possibility to share a specific case information with other AHTUs nationally and internationally.
- Alert system – in case the details of a victim or suspected trafficker have been added to the database, the software will send a notification alert in real-time.
- The software automatically collates statistical information on human trafficking cases, source, transit and destination areas, along with general profiles of the victims.
- Stakeholder contact database.
- Printable anti-human trafficking resource materials.